Venturi Alveomesh Sneakers
A pair of chunky platform leather lace-up sneakers from Veja that you will never take off with in white, ivory and neutral colours
The Venturi model is made from a combination of environmentally friendly and sustainable materials.
- Upper in Alveomesh (100% recycled plastic bottles)
- Panels in suede, V-Knit & T.P.U.* details
- Side Logo V in Rubber & Rice Waste (23%)
- 100% organic cotton laces
- Tech inner lining (100% recycled plastic bottles) developed to acquire a better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure.
- Insole in Sugarcane (64%) & Recycled plastic bottles (21%)
- 40% bio-sourced midsole (Sugar Cane)
- 49% bio-sourced glued outsole: made of Amazonian rubber (25%) & Rice Waste (24%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre.
Veja is the most ethical and ecological sneaker brand in the world. The two French founders Sébastien Kopp and François Morillion are childhood friends and founded Veja after their travels across Asia, South America and Africa. They saw the dark side of globalization and wanted to build something that is ethical at every stage of the business: from sourcing and the production cycle, right through to packaging, distribution and even the energy the company's French headquarters use. They decided to deconstruct and reinvent the most simple product that everyone wears daily, the sneakers. The Veja sneakers are made with raw materials from organic and agro-ecological farming, without chemicals or polluting processes. Veja does not have any advertising or marketing expenses. They believe that making shoes differently is a signal to say that everything has to be reinvented, that nothing is taken for granted.
Make a conscious statement and switch your regular sneakers to a Veja pair, sneakers that respect man, produced under dignified conditions, in direct consultation with producer associations and manufacturers. Every step of their production is sustainable just to mention a few:
The organic cotton used by VEJA is produced by associations of farmers in Brazil and Peru who cultivate it with respect for people and the environment. Organic cotton is purchased directly by VEJA according to fair trade principles, before being woven to form the canvas, laces and stems of many VEJA models. Another of the main raw materials of VEJA is Amazonian rubber. Over 380 tonnes of rubber have been purchased since 2004 from 620 families. This material is present in each sole of the sneakers. They buy rubber directly from cooperatives, formed by several families of Amazonian rubber harvesters (“the syringeiros”). Thanks to these harvests, the areas surrounding the homes of the seringueiros are protected. Read more about their sustainable story on Veja's website.